Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Voting Day

VOTING DAY! I love to vote. I love the rush of patriotism and the bragging rights, but most of all I love the “I voted” sticker. When I went to vote today, they ran out of stickers just before I came in. Cruel, cruel world. I was so looking forward to it. I even went to vote during my lunch break so I could wear the sticker longer—to no avail. Sigh. I guess I still get the other benefits: the rush of patriotism, etc. It just doesn’t feel the same without the physical manifestation of my civic superiority.

The major issue on the ballot today was a referendum regarding school vouchers. I have been going back and forth on the issue for weeks. I guess that explains why I am not really certain how I voted. I initially voted against it and then went back to change it, and I can’t remember if I did or not. Hmm…

The only other items on the ballot were two seats on the Provo City Council. I voted for Coy Porter, the former fire chief, and Mark Sumsion (neither of whom are incumbents). I can’t wait for the election returns! Here’s my prediction: vouchers, Porter, and Sumsion will all lose.

1 comment:

blakecgriffin said...

Still basing your activities on whether or not you'll be given a sticker at the end?