Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Last Week: Swearing In

On Tuesday, October 30, 2007, I was sworn in as an attorney licensed to practice in the Utah courts and the Utah federal court. Good times. Mom came down, and Matt and Blake and Chris were there. The oath is as follows:

"I do solemnly swear that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of Utah; that I will discharge the duties of attorney and counselor at law as an officer of the courts of this State with honesty, fidelity, professionalism, and civility; and that I will faithfully observe the Rules of Professional Conduct and the Standards of Professionalism and Civility promulgated by the Supreme Court of the State of Utah."

My mom has most of the pictures on her camera, but here's one that my brother took with my camera:


It was fun to see some of my old classmates, and it’s a huge relief to FINALLY be an official attorney. That’s right: Jessica Griffin Anderson, Esquire. Oh, and I finally got my bar number, it is as perfect as I could have hoped: 11500. Symmetrical and even and round and easy to remember.

After the ceremony we all went to lunch at the Lamb’s Grill. That was Plan C. Plan A was to go to CafĂ© Pierpont, but that is now closed (sad). Plan B was to go to The Garden on the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, but that was closed for renovations (lame). By the time we figured all of that out and decided on the Lamb’s Grill, my feet were no longer talking to me. In preparation for the swearing in, I bought a new suit and very, very pretty, very, very tall BCBG heels. Amazingly, after walking about downtown my feet hurt, but there were no blisters. I love good shoes.

Anyway, it was all very nice. The best part was having everyone there.

No comments: